The Pastel Society
Sponsored by Derwent
'Nude with Red Hair'
The Pastel Society is a registered charity, widely recognised for its success in promoting and encouraging the use of pastel within the contemporary art world.The Society was founded in 1898, and the first exhibition held in the Royal Institute in Piccadilly. Founder members and early exhibitors included Brangwyn, Degas, Rodin, Rothenstein, Whistler and G.F. Watts.There are currently over fifty-five Members who are professional artists living and working in this country and overseas. Membership is granted through a strict assessment of technical skill, originality, innovation and enthusiasm.
The Society pursues its aims through education and example. It is currently responsible for organising exhibitions, tutorial workshops, demonstrations and lectures throughout the UK. The Society's major showcase is the Annual Exhibition held at the prestigious Mall Galleries in London. This is open to entries from both Members and Non-Members. Awards are made to works of particular note. Workshops and demonstrations are also provided throughout the duration of the exhibition.
The Mall Galleries, The Mall, London SW1
Telephone: 020 7930 6844
Dates for 2017 Annual Exhibition
• Pre-Submission opens on Monday 1st August 2016, 12 noon
• Pre-Submission closes on Friday 4th November 2016, 12 noon
• Log in for results of Pre-Submission on Friday 11th November. 12 noon
to see if your work has been pre-selected www.mallgalleries.org.uk/call
• If pre-selected, please deliver your work on the Receiving day.
• Receiving Day Saturday 7th January 2017. 10am - 5pm.
• Selection Monday 9th January 2017.
• Notification of acceptance posted on
on Tuesday 10th January 2017 12 noon.
• Collection of unaccepted work Thursday 12th January 10am - 5pm
• Private View Monday 20th February 2pm - 8pm
• Open to the public Tuesday 21st February. 10am to 5pm
• Exhibition closes Saturday 4th March 3pm.
• Collection of unsold work Thursday 9th March 10am-5pm.